Friday, May 19, 2006

A Jolt

You know how sometimes you just get joulted to realty? That not everything is good and happy. We live in a very imperfect world. I was thinking today that it was such a great day--beautiful warm weather, green grass and colorful flowers coming up, a half day of school, my friend Nikki visiting, my good friend Mindy getting married tomarrow, etc.
Then during the afternoon I come to find out that a family is living in a man hole right outside the school. I couldn't even imagine this kind of a living. They are a beautiful family who are thankful to have a place to go to at night. It's just mind boggling to think that here I am with so many things and an apartment all to myself, and here's this family who's living in a hole in the ground. So many times I complain about this or that and they chose to be thankful to have this little spot to call their own for the moment. WoW! Who am I?
This is a commom thing. I hear of it often, but this is the first that I have seen it. It is a jult to be sure. Lord help to not ignore and push aside but to remember and act.

4 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Good reminder, friend. My life is so full of abundance and goodness right now, but it hasn't always been this way, and won't always be. Daily I am reminded that the goodness in my life is for the purpose of reaching out and loving others and sharing the magic.

by the way, how's Nikki? How long is she there for?

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Nikki is doing good. She's here for about two months doing reasearch for a project for grad. school. It's good to see her. :)

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Nikki is doing good. She's here for about two months doing reasearch for a project for grad. school. It's good to see her. :)

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Amy said...

hey girl, I got your letter. I'm in the process of writing back. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home