Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Drive Through

Drive through windows are very common. They're everywhere. I have seen them at resturants, banks, dry cleaners, and pharmacys. Last night I saw a new one. I was dropping off a book at the Kent County Library via the book drop (it was after hours). Now, this is a library that I have just "discovered'. It has recently moved to a new building that is bigger and more easily accessible to the general public (meaning, closer to MY house). I also recently found out that I can use my Dover Library card at the Kent County Library. This makes me happy knowing I now have TWO libraries close by to explore. Well, as I was driving out, low and behold I found a drive through window on the back of the building!!! There was a sign that explained that you could use the window to drop off books, or to pick up books (call them in early or just show up and wait). Now, I do understand that if you know what book you want, it can be easier to call ahead and have it ready to zip right through to pick it up. My point is, WHAT FUN IS THAT? The fun of going to a library is to be able to explore. To be able to go around and study the books, see what is new, see what you have missed before, and just to be able to be surrounded by a million great books. I love going in and finding things I wasn't expecting. I always come out with more then I went in to find. Finding a drive through at a library is a little disappointing. Everyone should have the experience of walking through the rows of books and losing track of time because there is just too much to see. Try it, it would definitely be worth it!

1 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Blogger Amy said...

That is funny. Who would have guessed? I'd like it for dropping off books, though.

We don't have many drive throughs at banks here. I miss that. You actually have to like, gasp, go in and interact with people.

I haven't been to a library in ages. too many library fines.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home